Saturday, May 20, 2017

Pa ni ni Sa Sa... Ga ma Pa ni ni...

Okay, so drama first...
When I was living with my younger brother and we were enjoying our bachelor days, my brother was fan of this song. He had kept the video of this song on desktop. I was like reluctant to what language it is in, I don't know, why to waste time in listening to songs which you don't understand. And anyway, I always skipped those South Indian movies which were dubbed in Hindi. I didn't like the fact that those actors were strangers and the lipsync problem. So whatever.. By the way, in later years, I was forced to see all those South Indian Hindi dubbed movies that I see a scene now and can tell whole story on any South Indian movie that is airing on television.

But one day, I opened the video of this song accidently and hey, there was Genelia in it. I knew her. She was in Tuze Meri Kasam, the movie which had given us good memories in college. (I had shared this story earlier too... my whole class *except me... you know... I don't watch movies in theaters... because of my that promise to myself for that thing I want to buy.....  * went to watch this movie by bunking one class and I alone attended that lecture. Actually, my teacher caught me for class. When asked by our teacher, I lied about all my classmates to save them and later next day whole class continued my lies. Teacher realized that all they were lying but he understood our friendship and the fact that we just wanted to save each other. )  Anyway, so Genelia... okay, I continued with song... Rich guy, innocent girl... first signs of love... he takes her to pub, she is uncomfortable, he realizes, takes her out and dances for her on street... Seriously? God... that's nice song... I liked it... but nothing other than this Pa ni ni sa, Ga ma Pa ni ni, I was understanding... I saw, there were 2 videos on desktop for this song. One was just this music pa ni ni sa... I guess my brother must have used it for his ring tone and other was this complete song.  I liked the tune very much... It was catchy... I would say pa ni ni sa many times... Later, I don't remember anytime I had heard that song (I mean after leaving my younger brother's home). I remembered this Pa ni sa thing couple of days ago and thanks to Google, I was able to search by only the keywords "Pa ni sa Genelia..." Ohh... so this song is called as Apudo Ipido... that's why I couldn't find it in gaana. Anyway, so here lovely song is...



By the way, I was just thinking...I seriously have no general knowledge about South Indian languages... I had one bestie-type coworker who was South Indian and I never understood the difference between Tamil, Telugu, Maliyali and don't even remember fourth language. So, for me all they were same and I KNOW this is very bad... and can offend anyone. I think I should be able to drill down and at least understand the difference between these languages...at least I should be able to use the proper word instead of using the word "South Indian" each time.. Oh I am sorry readers, if I am offending any of you... But I have decided to work on this and I am going to learn atleast the differences between these languages and one of these properly...  My son is having a friend who speaks a regional language and to my surprise, my son speaks that language fluently now with her. Seriously, who did teach him that language? Nobody... Only the fact that girl is his friend who speaks that language... and now he has learnt it from her... Seriously? If my 3 years old boy can learn without even trying... I can offcourse, try to learn these languages... Done... Decided... I am learning some details about these... What and how not yet sure... Have to figure it out...

PS: At the time of writing this post, I don't know the meaning of this song... I just loved the video and music. But very soon, after I learn some basics, I should be able to understand the lyrics... and what is this Apudo ipudo atleast...



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com