Thursday, June 8, 2017

Tere Aane ki jab Khabar Lahake...

I met few of my friends after around 13 years. It was all memories time... revisiting them...

Bunking lectures and sitting under tree in the college was our favorite pastime for a particular teacher. We would sit together for group study at someone's home and keep on watching songs. Oh yeah... those were the years when I was working with local television. I was the only one who would pay all the canteen bills... whoever would eat anything from our group, bill was always on me since I was only getting the regular paycheck and it was really handsome paycheck... I would also use sometimes my media person's personality to our use. Even if it Cricket Match between India-Pakistan (like today when everybody was busy with India -Pakistan match and we remembering our India-Pakistan days),  I would take my reporters to my college gang only to take bytes of the enthusiasm among the young generation. We would plant it so naturally... Oh God and then "Sachin.....Sachin.....". My editor had observed this later that each time we meet a specific group randomly on road for news bytes. ( :) )
We would celebrate all the events, festivals and everything together. Someone from the group received love letter and all the girls gang became Sherlock Holmes.
Then there was this local on demand music channel in the city operating from the same office where I would work. It was the channel where we were supposed to telephone and choose our favorite song and it would play then in next 10 minutes's time. So our first thing was whenever we would be together at someone's home, we would definitely going to ring to "On-demand" for some song. Everybody's taste would differ in college so each time different songs we would request. There was a very simple-sober-always in Panjabi dress and total "sushil" type girl who would request the remix version of "Kaata Laga". Seriously, our true colors are only seen while we are with our friends. So now, I would use (or misuse may be) my being in the office. I would do some "technical things" in the on-demand software in the backend whenever I would be in office and it would play songs without actually dialing the telephone. Anyways,  fathers of all friends in the group would scold their daughters for huge telephone bill. And then we had set different meanings of miss-calls. Like say, 3 rings time of broadcasting my news would be "Check my news, I have wore something special today or say there is something special in the news". So, 2 rings in a particular fashion was to say, "Check on-demand channel. Somebody's favorite song is playing. I would get a list daily to play favorite songs and I would definitely do that.
Now cut 2... flashback to my Masters days... Now, I was learning in other city but I was still working with channel. Whenever I would come back in the city, I would go for news. Instead of monthly paycheck, that was daily basis in that case. I would do advertisements, voice-over and other freelancer things for the office along with news reporting things. I was very home sick since it was first time I had left my parents and home and city and everything I loved. Now, this is a secret that whenever I would come back, I would play this song for myself... say dedicated from my father to me... or from my city to me... (yeah... this self love kind of thing goes deep into past... I was always in love with myself and would dedicate songs for myself... :) ).  I would never ever inform to my group about this song and that I had played it... But one day, one of the friends in group noticed it and confronted, "How come each time this song get played when you come back home and we are together". Seriously man... you can't hide anything from true friends....Off course, there were few more songs that I played for myself which they never realized... But this one got caught... Anyway, I was the only gazal person in the group....

Anyway, so somehow I was missing this song and was on my loop continuously for last three days.





Have to end the post now. I know, I am ending the post abruptly.... (main reason is this post is sitting in my drafts for last 5 days and I have already others blog posts lined up....). Nothing is more amazing than Jagjeet Singh's sweet voice...Seriously...  What  beautiful words....

Raat bhar sochta raha Tuzko... Jahno dil mere raat bhar mahke...
Tere aane ki jab khabar lahke...Teri Khushboo se sara ghar Mahake


And these days... there are songs like... Shahar me hu mai tere...aake muze mil to le...
Though this is on similar notes, this can never express the feelings that you feel when your near and dear one is in the city....after long...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com