Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Maanja Aye Khuda....Itnisi hai Dua... Mai Jaada nahi Mangati.....

A co-worker was happy today. She had received special appreciation. Her team members were making fun of her that she was working too hard. She had finished almost a week's work in a day. She smiled and said... "If someone is appreciating you, showing the faith in you, you have the responsibility to prove it right...".

 I remembered the X and Y motivation theory from management. The person who had appreciated was "Y- type of manager".  He knew how to make most of the employees by motivating them. Some time back, I had chance to have a training where I was taught about different types of people - Analytical, driver, amiable and expressive. I was taught how to identify them and how to work with them. It seems that the colleague who had received appreciation and who had sent appreciation both were of expressive type and hence I do not doubt that there would be good work done together by both of them... because they know how to deal with each other and make the most of them.

One of my roommate had a opposite experience. She had "X-type of manager". She was very hard working employee but since her manager would never appreciate her, she was not at the level she should be. She had asked many times to her manager for good opportunities, challenging work but he would just demotivate her by saying she had a performance issue. He would just focus on bad things, weaknesses and keep telling her that she was bad, she was bad. There were many things she was capable of and she had done actually. But since her "X-type" of manager did not know, he never appreciated. When she told me this, I had suggested her to inform her manager what extra ordinary things she had done and keep him informed each time. When she would do that, her manager would say, "That's your job. It is just expected from you....nothing extra ordinary you have done." I remember, my room mate just would come home and cry. When her reporting manager was changed, her manager didn't even inform her and when she tried to ask, she was never given response. Because of this, her management was feeling that she was not following proper reporting hierarchy. Anyway, we room mates  have seen her, staying up whole night to help other team members....when some client needed her team-member's help, she actually managed to motivate her team member and got the things done in middle of the night. She was the one who went to her "Rishta-meeting" with her husband on a weekend in a lunch break because she was actually working and interviewing prospective employees of her organization. Anyway, I know that if you want to get good business, you have to take care of your good resources.... and understanding employees, their "type" is the first step. When you know, what "type" is your employee,  what his/her "needs" are... which "plane" employee is and what his/her "needs" need to be satisfied... you can squeeze them to the most and get the best from them.
Oh my God, just see my last sentence written... I have used so many theories here... see the keywords.... "type", "needs", "plane"  etc. Sometimes I feel that I am lucky to be well-read. Oh yeas, I have won a book at local radio station and I need to go and collect it. But the radio office is so far that I should have at least 3 hours to spend. Problem is that radio office has 5 days working just like mine and I am supposed to go in weekdays 11-5 pm and main problem is I don't know the place. Oh God... it means I am definitely going to be lost... so another 2 hours extra... 4-5 hours in a weekday... in office time... only for a book? and book is " You are my reason to smile...". Oh my God... see the smile... blush... blush...

I will just end on a note that, Oh God thank you for giving me opportunities, for giving me good work to do, for giving me good co-workers and for everything... :)
God, you know, what my heart wishes... right? Jo bhi chahu wo mai paau... Zindagi me jeet jaau... Maanja Aye Khuda, itni si hai Dua, mai jaada nahi mangati....




Good Morning World...It is lovely morning...  Have a smart working day...  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com