Sunday, May 21, 2017

Goals for the Month - May 2017

As of publishing the goals post, already more than half of the month has passed and just few days are remaining for month end. But as stated earlier, I was not able to publish my goals here doesn't mean that I had not set them on my time. As of today, I had actually worked on many of them already.
I had actually set May end as a deadline to be free from  many worries. So, to meet my deadline I am doing and I still have to take many little steps.
 
  • Read and Review -- I have got a gig for reviewing books. This is paid opportunity with little payment initially. My payment will increase as the quantity and quality of my reviews increase. To start with, I am starting small. I will be reviewing 3 books this month. Meanwhile, I also need to search for my old written book reviews that I can add to my portfolio. I will setup a book-review blog for them to display may be.

  • Writing: I am again making writing as my priority. I will be spending much time reading+writing. I want to write whatever I have in my drafts, bookmarks and mind since long. Let the posts be flooded to my technical blog. Minimum 5 posts to technical blog after today and a full length technical article. As I had stated in my annual goals, I need to get my numbers back for my websites, so to increase my followers, I need to post regularly. Here also I will be posting more often.. even if its just a song that heart is singing.

  • Shopping : No shopping... only essential things for home and son will be bought this month.

  • Cooking :  Well, now here is dilemma. :) Dilemma... Okay... so between heart and mind.. Mind is saying don't waste time in cooking and heart is saying... let's try some new dish... new salad... new recipe...Well, I am listening to mind at this moment and no cooking... only daily minimum cooking for daily survival.


  • Weekends -- Though I wish to go out and enjoy life...I will be spending all my weekends in my office, doing my planned things including rebranding, marketing etc.. have to meet my deadline.

  • Foot Spa and Spa - Okay, so I am not going to enjoy weekends. But I don't want to be upset too. I guess this is perfect time for trying foot spa. I have never tried foot spa. I visit salon for pedicure regularly and I am guessing foot spa should be some advanced thing sort of pedicure with more relaxation and leisure activity may be. Well, I am not sure about the salon where I will be doing this. Lakme or Enrich don't have it for sure. I think if I don't find some good place, I can go with DIY at home one for this month. My goal is to start with it at least. And yes, I have a voucher of a spa discount which will be expiring this month. Hence, I will have to use it that too. I got it as my Women's day gift and it is not near my home. So, have to invest more time to travel to this place (first search it) and then spa day. Weekend day will be spent.


  • PDUs-- I am not planning for any of it actually this month. So, even couple of PDUs will be okay for this month. That I can actually get by attending chapter's meeting and business lunch/dinner whatever is planned for this month.

  • Drinking 5 liters of Water daily -- This got a setback in this month for few days. So again strictly have to check that I am drinking atleast 5 liters of water daily.


  • Drinking Milk Daily -- Continue with this.


  • Tax planning -- Beginning of the planning... set all the automatic payments this month.


  • Lunch/ Dinner Date : I will have minimum of 6 Lunch/dinner dates with myself. Seriously this is badly needed. A couple of days ago, I was just upset for something and I thought to cheer me up by lunch date with myself. I went to a place and the waiter asked me "How many people, Madam?". I gave him dead cold stare and replied with a sweet smile, "I, Me and myself.... I am Single person". He said , "Sorry, Madam". My mood was refreshed there itself...On my confident reply... If you are confident enough to walk in a restaurant have your lunch/dinner date with yourself, if you can go and enjoy a live-in-concert alone by yourself... do you think you need someone to make you happy? Your happiness is right inside you.. Don't depend on anyone....Anyway so lunch/dinner/snacks dates badly needed this month. Still upset days are pending and then I am guessing I will be more upset this month. I will be trying my best not to be sad but you know...


  • Walking 30 minutes --  This needs to be picked up again. And I am again planning to buy activity tracker (well, not this month... may be after I get some extra payment). My last activity tracker I gave to my colleague since for many days I was failing my "10000" steps goal and he was regular in his walking and needed to buy new one.

  • Chanting 108 mantras for 20 days -- This is going okay these days so I think I will be able to achieve this easily.


  • Plank -- Plank Challenge for minimum 12 days. -- Okay, I am starting again with this. Let's try for 12 days.


  • Finance Planning -- Review finances and plan according to the situation and start and stop SIPs, buy/sell accordingly.
  • Car Driving -- Get servicing done and continue with practice. I plan to drive to some Monson trip next month.

  • Skill -- I am learning new language and subscribed to a learning course. Though it is for more days, I think if I can spend more time in learning, I should be able to finish before month ends. Well, not realistic and actually I should not rush...Learning new language is life skill... I can take it slow and steady for better learning. Okay... so may be let's set... say simple conversation in the new language? Okay, done... By the end of this month, I should be able to do normal simple conversations... at least couple of them.

  • Hobby : I wish to participate in Fevicryl's contest. So, need to create something. If time permits, will create something and publish. (optional...)

  • Bike Servicing  - This is my task and pending since long. I haven't done my vehicle servicing since months. I thought to get it done, put it in my monthly goals. Here it is. There is no one in the life now, who will repair my vehicle's breaks without my knowledge while I have parked it somewhere. I only have to take care of these stuffs. The biggest advantage of being independent is you do all those tasks too, which you don't like or you don't feel like doing anytime.

At the time of writing these goals I am actually little (very very little) bit worried but confident too. I am not fearing even for a second. I know, God is with me.. I know, we will do it. I think I am getting close to what I want.... how part of it... I was figuring out... I think clouds are clearing now... I am able to see the sunshine... Again, it's a risk... but that's how we enjoy our life, right? by risking everything... Let's see what happens... I know, whatever God does, its all for good in the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com