Thursday, January 19, 2017

Maari hui night and Project Management Professional

Alright, it's 3.15 am in the clock and I have my alarm clock set up for 4 am and I am still not able to sleep. Alright, so seems I will be awake whole night, once again.. Oh God.. it's weekday and have to go and work actually... But just can't sleep. So, here I am... just to catch up with my posts in drafts... Oh God..Can't believe it... I just switched on the radio and its the song.. Love hua... ab ye na pucho ye kab hua... Oh seriously? Yeah, definitely... I love myself... whoever I am for.. Anyway, so I am going to post my that post which I wanted to post in happy mood... About my certification examination... Anyway, I am spending whole night awake so that's perfect time to post about it...

Alright, so before year ended I reached my goal of certification... PMP... I had done it... Well, now I don't understand where to start it for. But it was 2 months time of preparation and guess what, I did well, rather pretty well...Okay, so here are some excerpts from my diary of those days... and you can realize how high and low I was feeling while preparing..

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Again ----- test was not good… it was 71% only… The first one was 86% and now this…. and now I am again depressed… but this time not like yesterday or day before… This is absolutely not done... With examination next week now, I have to get at least 85+% in all the tests...  This time I am like…. Okay… so seems I am going to fail... but its okay… lets face whatever happens… For a micro second I had idea to postpone the exam but then I only shrugged it off that thought… I don’t want to postpone it now… Let it happen whatever it has to be… its kind of already late and now its getting bored… so let’s go… face it… what will happen max… I will fail…Will loose confidence and then huge amount of money will be wasted.. but that’s okay…it's not first time we are playing with money...  I am gonna try my best… let God decide whatever best for me…

I am also feeling that shall I buy ---- tests since they provide 100% passing guarantee… but then I am feeling ki no… if I don’t believe myself, how can I believe others and their passing guarantee… n no point in doing that.. I don’t just want to pass exam…. I want better me…better myself... because of this reason… this certification...

All the best yaar… will do it... Let’s focus on questions  which I got wrong…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Me 1 : you know what... you will come with flying colors....
Me 2: do you think so???
Me 3: I know so...

Me 1 : Okay, see we will celebrate… no matter what results come out… If we fail… will celebrate at a royal place and have lunch with I, Me and Myself…

But in case we pass, you can take all your near and dear ones or whomsoever you want to for celebration….

Now you choose, whom you wish to celebrate with? Wink ;)

Celebration Lunch??? whomsoever I want.... Hmmm...

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 

When my application was accepted and I was ready for examination, I didn't get the dates for examination that I wanted to schedule. So, again had to go for plan B. But then I made sure that the day I scheduled my examination, until the two days before examination, I actually appeared for mock tests. The real examination is for total 4+0.30 hours. So I actually solved 4 hours test daily for 3 weeks and if possible in the same time the exam was scheduled for. This prepared my brain in that mode already. Because of this on the actual D-Day, it was just daily routine for me and I ACTUALLY felt the real examination was simple. I read PMBOK 4 times.... last time was just 2 days before actual examination. 
  
Those 4 and half hours… only thing matters is those 4 and half hours… I did change my eating, sleeping and many life style habits to perform well in those 4 and half hours… I changed my lunch and snacks time so to avoid feeling hungry in examination time, I reduced my water drinking so that I would need lesser breaks in the exam, I stopped listening music...Well, I played it only in bathroom and on actual exam day when I reached the city of examination center.... and yes those songs already gave me hint of my examination result... Okay more about that in a minute... So the first song I heard on exam day in exam city was " You are breaking my heart, if you leave me now"... Okay, seriously? Its all or nothing... Then there was Muzko hui na khabar... followed by Dil hai Chotasa.... chotisi aasha... But the song which gave my heart hint was... Tada... Kitni Der Tak...
Oh. My. God.. 
One day before actual examination, I heard this song on radio early morning may be the same time... 3.44 am now.. Kitni Der Tak was the song in my mobile and was on my playlist for months.. and then it just vanished.. and then today... Well, at that time, I felt nothing about the song.. But when I was in my examination city, all radio stations were different and this was definitely different which played this song there too... Kitni Der Tak.. what? Kitni Der Tak... Kitni Der Tak...Aaj Shaam ya Savere Tak... yes definitely.... aaj sham tak.... Well, then there was just task of examination... 

Security was really very good at the examination center... They had not allowed even handkerchiefs or water bottles and each time we used to take break, full security checkup was to follow wasting those precious moments. Well, I took a break, freshen up, ate banana, apple and pear.. (I had given all the practice test while eating in breaks). My examination was pre-poned by an hour. Actually, there was still time for examination and I reached early and staff asked me, if I was ready, I could start examination and I agreed. My actual examination first pass was completed in 2 hours some 11 minutes. Later I went to marked for review questions and after review when I finished all the questions, there were 7 minutes remaining for exam time to end. I was calm and relaxed until this time. But now, when there were just 7 minutes left, I was under pressure. I was like, just within few minutes, I will know the result... and I am not sure, if I am ready for it.... I actually couldn't gather courage to click on the End Exam button. I did go through the questions again... still there were 2 minutes left... Those last two minutes... I stared at screen timer praying.... Then there was message, "Your time is over... submitting examination.... ". I did hold my breath....and there it was....

Congratulations on passing your PMP examination....You are now project management professional. and so on... 

Congratulations...!!!!???? I did not understand what do I do... I actually checked the word was Congratulations... Does that mean I pass the exam? Oh God yes... really? Oh God... what do I do? where is phone? I will take a photo of this... But off course, phones were locked outside in the locker... I thought to take screenshot or something... but then I smiled at myself... Obviously, I would be getting result... Thing is that just I was not sure, how do I capture that moment... I just heaved a sigh of relief then... Thank You God... You know what.... Okay... You knew everything already...

Well, the trip was again fun... I had only those fruits in the break of the examination and now when result were out, I was tremendously hungry but had to arrange for return journey. That too was filmy scene. We couple of people actually followed a bus that we missed in a taxi and I was like... "Bhaiyaa jaldi chalo... wo dekho bus udhar ja rahi hai... Bhaiyaa right right right... Bhaiyaa fast...wo gai dekho aage...  Bhaiyaa jaldi... please... "  Obviously, my son was waiting for me at home... :) 
A colleague friend actually called me before examination to wish good luck and while I texted him the result, I also asked him if I would be able to see the sea... :) I wanted to see the Arabian sea today...to celebrate this moment...  But alas... that was not on my route... (I sometimes ask for any weird and strange thing to my friends. ).

Alright, so that certificate did add a value in my resume, the most important thing it gave me was confidence... and the experience... the things that I am always looking for and need...  When I went to the mandatory training for this certification, I actually realized that yes, this was it... that I am looking for.. this is something that I am good at... When I was with bunch of people from all types of industries in that training with all age-group and I was among the few best... I am still alive... I am this one... confident... the way I carry myself among the crowd, the way I make my image, and the way the way I manage everything... Yes, that was my career path that I had decided... right... I did MBA because of this only... because I am good in this... My mentor knew this...and everything was going on right track and then everything was gone... Yes, this was lost somewhere...now I am not going to loose it.... Wherever... whenever... we are meant to be together...  Thank You God... for everything...

Well, my alarm has already gone off, its past 4 am and now I have to get up. and do the household chores.. ..... cook, clean... wash...feed son, getting him ready... if time permits, little bit take care of me..;) God... I actually have to work hard today at workplace... need to finish something and I had not slept at all...Okay... signing off now.. Okay, let me just listen the song on radio.. will end this sweet post with that... (You know what... years down the line, when I will read this blog post again for a sweet memory of my exam, I will have a sweet smile on my face.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com